- Order Now: Release Date 24th January 2019
- Format: Box Set
- Label: BMG
Supergrass – Gaz Coombes, Mick Quinn, Danny Goffey, and Rob Coombes – are one of the most important bands to emerge during the 1990s, with several million record sales, including 6 top 10 albums and 10 top 20 singles. Formed in Oxford UK in 1993, the Brit, Q, NME and Ivor Novello-winning outfit released their Mercury-nominated No.1 debut album I Should Coco in 1995. Fourth single, ‘Alright’, was a pop masterpiece and became a massive hit, catapulting the band to global success. The band have just re-formed after 10 years apart, and embark on a European and US tour starting early Feb 2020 (Details below).
Released on 24th January 2020, The Strange Ones: 1994-2008 is a career-spanning deluxe box set containing the 6 Supergrass original albums on picture disc LP and CD, 13 bonus CDs containing: Unreleased live material, B-sides, remixes, rarities, studio out-takes, demos, acoustic versions, new mixes, a deluxe book with rare photos and band quotes, posters and button badges. Features over 6 hours of previously unreleased audio material. Compiled in association with Supergrass.
This Deluxe Box Set includes:
- 13 CDs
- 1 x 6CD set - All six original studio albums in new digipack
- 1 x 4CD set - Live: Over 5 hours of previously unreleased performances spanning their entire career. Includes radio sessions, full production live shows and acoustic sets
- 1 x 2CD set - Remixes, B-sides, non-album singles, acoustic versions and other rarities. Includes tracks previously unreleased digitally
- 1 x 1CD - Demos, out-takes and oddities. All previously unreleased
- Book - 12” sq, 52 pages. Story of each album, written by separate journalists: Everett True, Charles Shaar Murray, Sylvia Patterson, Andrew Male, Adam Sweeting and Paul Moody. Quotes from new band interviews with Matt Everitt, unseen photos memorabilia.
- 7” Single - Caught By The Fuzz / Richard III 2020 Remixes
- Colour posters x 4
- Supergrass is 10 - button badges x 8