- Pre-Order Now: Release Date 15th November 2019
- Vinyl: 12 x 7"
- Includes: 1960's style carry case + 7" slipmat + Jerry Dammers signed art card
- Label: Chrysalis Records
This 40th Anniversary 7" collection has been curated by Jerry Dammers, selecting his favourite 12 singles released on the label between 1979 and 1984.
Presented with their original sleeve designs in a bespoke 1960's style carry case along with a Two Tone 7" slipmat and an art card signed by Jerry Dammers.
TWO TONE RECORDS was created in 1979 by The Specials founder Jerry Dammers. The label spawned a youth movement and a number of well-known artists and singles through the its tenure including the aforementioned Specials with key singles ‘Gangsters’, the UK Number 1 singles ‘Too Much Too Young’ and ‘Ghost Town’. They also helped launch the careers of Madness with ‘The Prince’, The Beat with ‘Tears of A Clown’, The Selecter with ‘On My Radio’ and The Bodysnatchers with ‘Let’s Do Rock Steady’. The label ended its chart run of singles with ‘Nelson Mandela’ by The Special AKA.
- THE SPECIAL A.K.A Vs. THE SELECTER: A. Gangsters / AA. The Selecter
- MADNESS: A. The Prince / B. Madness
- THE SELECTER: A. On My Radio / B. Too Much Pressure
- THE SPECIALS: A. A Message To You Rudy / AA. Nite Klub
- THE BEAT: A. Tears of A Clown / AA. Ranking Full Stop
- THE SPECIAL A.K.A.: A. Too Much Too Young [Live] / B. Guns of Navarone [Live] / B. Skinhead Moonstomp (Long Shot Kick The Bucket/Liquidator/Skinhead Moonstomp
- THE SELECTER: A. Three Minute Hero / B. James Bond
- THE BODYSNATCHERS: A. Let’s Do Rocksteady / AA. Ruder Than You
- THE SPECIALS: A. Stereotype / B. International Jet Set
- RICO: A. Sea Cruise / B. Carolina
- THE SPECIALS: A. Ghost Town / AA. Why?/AA. Friday Night, Saturday Morning
- THE SPECIAL AKA: A. Nelson Mandela / AA. Break Down The Door